It began yesterday. I went to shower, for perspective remember i am on crutches, 3 weeks to go, I cant carry things and we have already established the use of the rolling chair and that pockets are handy, but so is the bra. Every woman knows that you can store stuff with your boobs.
I had on a workout tank with built in shelf bra, very handy actually, i put my phone their so as i got my coffee and collected things to wear i wouldn't have to speed hobble to the phone when either of the two phone calls i was expecting happened. I proceeded to the point where it was shower time, call or no call and reminded myself "before you undress put the phone on the shelf". I turned on the water figured out a way to jump out of my lower garments, crossed my arms and yanked my top over my head sending my phone flying into the air and directly into the toilet.
Fortunately i clean it regularly and it was in as good a reaching in condition as you can get and i did so instantly without hesitation, not the reaction i would have had if say i lost a comb, a barrette or a q tip -those would require a fork and a dainty sense of cleanliness = godliness and a 'please don't make me put my hand in the toilet moment'. but no. i didn't let the thought get that far. My hand was in and out, my phone was apart in three seconds. i toweled it down wiped it with alcohol pads and thoroughly scrubbed my hands before i would have finished thinking about fishing for a q tip.
by eleven pm most of the phone was working only the 9 key was out of order but today thankfully if was back. i woke up to drop a plate on foot and coffee on the table I dropped my crutches on my bad knee, the toilet in an outrageous act of defiance decided to back up and require plunging which is difficult to do while hanging on to your crutches which fell on me again, and then fell the other way, the cat tried to trip me twice on purpose and my sense of humor broke but i got it up and running again after i plunged. The folks at new york state disability helpline just asked me stupid questions and grunted when I tried to ask my stupid questions and were basically about as unhelpful as a human can possibly get and with a 30 day time limit on applications i thought they might be a little less helpful frankly so i shouldn't complain.
I walked 7 blocks to PT cause i cant really afford to take a cab as i have no income at the moment, and i lamented the fact i was unable to go to my class, in fact i wasn't able to register for pole this session, i am hoping to rectify that, hoping that i can get four classes in as of February, now i know i cant spin and flip, frankly i cant even walk so who am i kidding. but it would be nice to do some floor warm up and ab work and listen to good music and enjoy the camaraderie (if there is any left). I walked home from PT, ordered new underarm cushions for my crutches (i lost one at Benjamin button - my first movie outing) and came home. James was kind enough to drop off my laundry and even offered to pick it up after the gym tomorrow THANK YOU!! in the end i can not thank my friends enough, all the people in my life are fucking amazing, I cant be irritated with a universe that gives me that. I am quite lucky to have what i do i just wish i had better coordination when i was stressed!
No comments:
Post a Comment