Wednesday, January 7, 2009

another day another set of PT

week four in the jungle....
my limbs are tired and aching from all the work especially my hands.  My palms are sore and not just the skin, there are actual muscles within the center of my hands that ache and throb each morning. My hands are not reliable at first light. My shoulders are getting stronger, it will be a plus when i return to work.  My arms don't look bigger, thank god cause they are big enough, but i feel i can lift a bit more. i am stronger overall, i think, i hope. I must remember to add to or rearrange the PT mix on my itunes.  My concern for the day is my body. At first, i was sure i would become a jabba like figure by week 6 but it seems i have maintained my weight within a few lbs,  all of which will be rectified when i am mobile and can ride a bike again - i may move into the gym at that point. I don't have much to report today. 
last night I strolled out into the arctic NY weather and made my way down 8Th avenue to 46Th st. I descended into the madness that is my workplace to say hello, to remind them I am alive and to confront the entity that gave my disability forms to the Workman's comp insurance company.  All went well. Most of the creatures were happy to see me though shocked I was mobile,  shocked I didn't have huge horrible scars,  shocked I didn't need their help to move about and navigate my way through the long narrow hallways and dubious stairwells. I couldn't shake my self appointed escort, my boss, watching, making sure i sat and didn't 'overdo' it. for a brief moment I felt I was trapped in the office with people coming and going but i timed my visit rather well. I was out in under two hours, made contact with several of the unrulier of the employees, had cookies and left. I considered taxiing home but that seemed like it would be giving in to weakness so i walked the 7 blocks returning to my home, it was a slow and exhausting process.  but i feel i don't get enough exercises and i need all the help i can get right now. even if it is just arms.  
well i put my time in today and now i am off to PT myself again, this time with the abs - please send help. 

No comments: