Ok so this is the boring phase where I catch you up to where i am and ramble on about how much ive done so far.
Its been a week since i left, no wait its been a day no four, DAMN I LOST TIME! and im dizzy, shut up i heard that.
First things first, airplane. (heres the really boring part so suffer along with me)
at the airport i frantically realized i needed a book. i had two with me but they were like broccoli and i needed pizza i was about to be trapped and the NY times crossword would only be a source of frustration without google to assist me.
I bought a spy novel i think.
I watched 27 dresses ate dinner watched ps i love you read 16 chapters of my book and then we landed in LA. for an hour. I paced very quickly hoping id wear myself out.
I reboarded read another 14 chapters ate dinner (yes again- the man serving it practically threatened us with you should eat now you its quite along way until breakfast.) so i did and i saved the brownie in case it was true. but then they brought a snack bag for the duration. then they finally turned out the lights but i had to wake the man next to me for fear if i didnt now id do it later anyway (the guilty dilemna of the window seat when to pee and how often)
I took a pill and i slept for an hour or eight im not sure and it didnt matter i still had five hours to go but i watched gone baby gone read another 12 chapeters of my spy book which i am saving for subsequent flights, ate breakfast at four in the morning their time which is now my time got to my hostel at 10 wandered about until 2 (no check in until noon)
by wandering about I mean I grabbed the free map and walked to the opera house and took in the view of the harbour and circular quay then i wandered through the botanical gardens and passed the government house (closed for a function) the parliment and museums through the park and the eye hospital (it was some strange shortcut i think i followed the inordinate amount of joggers down the path they were so numerous on thursday afternoon it was a bit freakish.- it turns out theres a marathon -
i returned to my hostel as i was very dizzy by this point showered and lay down a bit drank lots of water lay down for an hour then headed back out
I went to darling harbour and realized i hadnt eaten since four in the morning (that whole call it breakfast thing threw me) so i sat down and ate overlooking the harbour as the sun went down (at least i think it went down it turns out it doesnt actually get up there very high)
The sun here reminds me of iceland It never goes overhead at ten am its like 6 pm its very winter but its in the high 60s (ok i think its in the high 60s its like between 11 and 22 celcius so that does me no good) its warm if your in the sun its cool if your not
I came back and against all me better dizzy judgement as wired as i was i thought i should remain awake until 8 but that just wasnt happening.
I met my crazy indian bunk mate she had stuff strewn across my lower bunk and i asked her to move it (frankly i didnt want to squash her stuff and i planned to crash.
She isnt crazy actually she is older and apparently alone she has a whole lotta shit with her and talks loud on the phone and her stuff smells like tea tree oil.
my other roomies are Alex from south korea a clothing retailer and designer (studied for a year at fit) on vacation and shes meeting an internet friend for the first time on sunday.
there are two people i havent met and one girl who is estonian grew up in finland and is moving here for a year trying to be an au pair.
I had breakfast with alex this am she went to the blue mountains
I had no idea what i would do so it turns out i would buy a day pass on the transpotation system and feel obliged to use it as much as possible and honestly folks I am just on a quick break here, I leave tommorow for brisbane so today I took a nice long walk exploring a few hoods then just jumped on a train to a bus to the beach at Bondi did a five km sea walk then took the bus back to the train to a new neighborhood where i had lunch just in case) then i jumped on a fairy to manly beach and back I was about to walk over the bridge but i decided to take a quick break pack my suitcase and get warmer things as the sun has disappeared
ok im off hope it wasnt too much a bore if you made it this far -if not well next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment