Monday, December 8, 2008

its been awhile

Well I wish i could say i was going on another exotic trip or even a semi boring one but my next adventure is in knee surgery. One week from now i will be not eating or drinking anything including water until after they poke holes in my knee and my femur apparently. I was a bit overwhelmed by it all and pretty pissed that none of the doctors said i should try yoga accupuncture and apple cider vinegar and see how it goes hey i would have thrown in some meditation and organic veggies too! ok i do that anyway but instead i got 6 weeks on crutches. and six weeks to recover from said six weeks on crutches. hmmm. I was worried. thats along time to not work. I dont sit at a desk if i did i could go back to work very quickly but i run 25 flights to 50 flights of stairs a day with baskets weighing 5-15/20lbs each, and thats just work that doesnt include the flights at home, the miles of walking the dance classes, the walks in the park, the dancing, the gym, the swimming, the bike. I like to move.  In any case i have become one with it I am ready -except i dont want to give up pole class that part i am still mad about. i dont like that i am going to miss a whole lotta stuff and not get to move and i will feel it the lack of kinetic expression, the joy of moving, I miss my class with Polina for the kinestetics i miss acting and i miss writing. so I told myseld - If i had 3 months in a little cabin or by the beach with no distractions and i had nowhere to go then i would finish the writing projects.... damn. now im outta work for 3 months. on crutches with nowhere to go. stuck. soon. next week. so i am prepping. I am shopping for frozen food, for extra pet supplies and organizing my notebooks my sheet music and my reading material while debating the benefits of netflix. i will be ready. I think.  some damned adventure!

No comments: